1. Open to any American made passenger car. No unibody,
no torsion bars, no convertibles, no station wagons, trucks or
vans, no front wheel drive or 4 wheel drive, sports cars or
2. Tow hooks mandatory front and rear.
3. 107 inch minimum wheel base. Maximum tread width, front and
rear 80 inch maximum with 1/2inch tolerance for all cars
measured from outside of side walls. No frame shortening.
4. Bodies – Aftermarket body packages allowed from 5 Star Bodies
or Performance Bodies. Must remain stock appearing. No straight
panels. Rear spoiler 75” wide x 4” allowed with no more than
three supports and securely attached to the rear deck. A 90
degree angle will be the maximum allowed. Rear sail panels must
the same on both sides and one solid piece no longer than 45
inches. The panels must not connect to the rear spoiler.
5. All glass, plastic, upholstery, lights, mirrors and chrome
must be removed.
6. Windshield opening must be covered with ½” square wire screen
of heavy gauge with three steel support rods connected to the
roll cage and the dash support.
7. Side window and driver’s window net is mandatory. Doors must
be securely shut and welded.
8. Inner fenders may be removed. All hoods and trunks must be
securely fastened and the back of the hood must be sealed off
from the driver’s compartment.
9. Front firewall must be constructed of 20 gauge steel or .063
aluminum minimum. No holes allowed in the driver’s compartment.
10. Fenders may be cut for wheel clearance.
11. Aluminum or solid fiberglass racing seat is mandatory, and
must be securely fastened to the frame. High back seats are
recommended. A five point harness system is required.
12. No offset roll cages. Outside diameter must be 1-1/2” and
minimum of 0.095” wall thickness. Minimum 3 driver’s door bars
1. Front bumpers must be STOCK and in stock location and
be capped to fender, the width of the bumper for make and year
of the car. Reinforcement of bumpers with maximum 1-1/2” round
when using plastic bumper covers or nose pieces only. If steel
bumper is stock for year and model of car maximum 1” tubing will
be allowed. Only one bumper mount per side. No channel allowed
in bumper area. No sharp edges. Rear bumpers may be steel – Max.
1-1/2” RD Max 0125 Wall and must be capped to fender the width
of the bumper. Must have bumper cover or tail piece.
2. Inner loops for reinforcement allowed inside hood and trunk
compartment. Maximum 1-1/2” tubing for this reinforcement.
3. The Nerf bars allowed but must remain tight to body and
maximum 1-1/2” pipe or tubing they must re-enter the body 2”
minimum. ONLY EXPOSED RUB RAIL IS BETWEEN TIRES AND ALL OTHER
RAILS MUST BE COVERED BY BODY.
4. No excessive rusted frames allowed.
5. Only one 12 volt battery allowed. Must be in steel battery
box and can be in stock location or in trunk area.
ALL SUSPENSION PARTS MUST HAVE COME ON THE CAR THAT YOU
ARE USING- GM may use bigger spindles (Impala) for safety
1. Parts must be stock and in stock position.
2. Stock A- frames mandatory – May be reinforced.
3. Springs must be in original location. Steel springs only.
Leaf springs allowed. Jacking bolts, spring spacers are allowed.
No coil over cars., no pull rods, torque link or 3 link.
4. Nothing will be allowed that interferes with the free working
of the suspension.
5. Steering quickners allowed.
6. After market power steering pumps allowed.
7. Racing shocks and springs allowed. Heim joint shocks allowed.
No Schrader valve.
8. Stock configuration- Steel shafted aftermarket upper A-Arms,
non-adjustable are permitted.
1. Transmission must be OEM automatic with working stock
torque converter 10” minimum, or OEM single disk clutch,
flywheel, and pressure plate assembly 10” minimum on stock OEM
standard transmission. No grinding or lightening. Steel only.
All gears must work. A scatter shield or blanket is mandatory.
Brinn and Bert transmissions allowed
2. Shocks must be steel and non-adjustable. One shock per wheel
and in stock location or moved outside mounts on the front (upper
mounts can be raised for shocks). Rear shock mounts can be
modified for higher mount on top only. Heim joint shocks
allowed. No aluminum allowed to replace anything other than
allowed in the rules. No Schrader Valve.
3. Rear end must be locked.
4. Steel driveshaft with 180 degree loop, 6 inches behind the
front yoke made from ¼” x 1” steel is required. Also a 180
degree strap under the rear of the shaft is required. Drive
shaft must be white or orange in color.
1. OEM brakes on all four corners are mandatory at all
times. Four wheel disc OEM brakes are allowed. Balance bar
allowed with no external adjuster. No adjustable brake valves
TIRES AND WHEELS
1. Maximum 8 inch steel wheel mandatory. Bead locks allowed on
all four wheels. Minimum five (5) oversized lug nuts steel only.
2. Tires will be Cambridge recap 225 or 235x15” or Towel City
Retread 89 compound –two sizes 26.5 or 27.5 , American Racer DTW
or Hoosier m100 -8 inch tire – medium or hard only also allowed. - If tire has DOT number, but has been capped or
produced by a race tire company, they may not be permitted.
Eight inch tire tread maximum, rolled on a flat surface while on
the car with a 8 inch rim at 20 pounds of air pressure, ½”
tolerance. Minimum durometer reading 50 after the race. NO
GROOVING, SIPING, SOFTENING, OR TREATING OF TIRES. No snow tires
or heavy luggers.
3. Must run 1” steel lug nuts on right side. Lug nuts on all
studs must be there.
WEIGHT - Minimum weight 2900 lbs. Except GM 602
crate (2700 lbs)
1. Stock OEM production iron small block #1 plug 12”
from center bolt on steering box. Must be GM to GM, Ford to
Ford, extended to match frame, not the body. Any removal of part
numbers will make said part illegal. (DQ) MAXIMUM 361 CUBIC INCH
CHEVY, 363 FORD, 365 CHRYSLER.
2. CRATE 602 ENGINE RULES ( Rush, Fastrac, Nesmith approved
seals). NO CRATE 604 ENGINES.
a. All engines and parts must be as from factory along
with all components therein.
b. Any changes will result in disqualification and no points
or money awarded.
c. This includes, but not limited to, harmonic balancers,
valve springs, push rods, rocker arms and after- market
d. NO upgrades are allowed to any engine that may produce
power via “performance enhancing methods”.
e. Any 650 CFM-two barrel Carb or other unaltered 4412. Must
have 1-11/16 th base plate maximum. No exceptions. (Measured
f. Billet base plates may be used. (.780 maximum)
g. 2 inch carb spacer maximum. (0 Tolerance)
h. Spacer may not protrude into carb or intake at any point.
i. One gasket per surface. (.070 maximum)
j. No fuel injection, nitrous oxide or other type systems
k. Two throttle springs strongly recommended.
l. Aerosol carbs are not legal.
m. Rush, Fastrac or Nesmith approved seals. Sealed 602 motor
will have 200 lb. weight break (2700 lbs) ALL CRATE MOTOR
CARS MUST HAVE ENGINE/WEIGHT IDENTIFICATION ON FRONT
3. Rods – STEEL RODS ONLY.
4. Cam-Hydraulic or solid, roller rocker tip rockers allowed.
Can run stud girdle. No roller cams. Can run double roller
5. Carburetor – Stock Rochester 2 barrel carburetor or unaltered
Holley 4412. Must be in stock location and position. Throttle
bore size not to exceed 1-3/8” max. Max 1” carb spacer or
adaptor, including gasket.
6. FUEL & FUEL PUMP – Gasoline only, stock type fuel pump only.
(NO ELECTRIC) Fuel cell is mandatory and must be secured in the
trunk area of the car inside a 20 gauge metal box supported by
two metal straps 1/8” X 2”. Fuel line must be inside conduit if
run through the inside of car. NO fuel additives allowed.
7. INTAKE- Cast iron 2 barrel – Marine intake allowed, must have
Mercruiser logo or aluminum, part # Edelbrock 2101 & 2116 with
adapter plate, spacer, gasket, 1” maximum combined.
8. IGNITION – Stock appearing distributors and coils or MSD
distributors with 6 series boxes. (MSD 6 series only. No other
brands). If using the MSD 6 system, it must be installed using
the MSD 6 pin weather tight connector (p/n 8170) with the MSD
industry standard wiring pin out. No inline timing controllers,
amplifiers, rev limiters or any other accessory. All wiring must
be able to be inspected. No traction control devices.
9. HEADS- No angle plug. Must be factory stock cast iron OEM, or
Stock Replacement. Maximum valve size 2.02 inch 1.6 exh. Pinned
or screw in studs are OK. Vortex 10239906 or 12558062.
10. FUEL CELL – Must have a protective hoop at the rear that
extends at least 1 inch below the fuel cell. A ball check valve
11. HEADERS – Street type headers allowed (inside frame rails)
must have 3 bolt flange. No crossovers. EXHAUST 3” OD MAX.
DIAMETER PIPE. MUST EXIT PAST THE DRIVER. No flex pipe allowed.
Pipe must be solid with no holes. Only one pipe per side
acceptable. May run cast iron manifolds. Unaltered mufflers are
12. Only one Radiator allowed in car. It must be in stock
location between frame rails.
1. Full window net is mandatory on drivers side and
recommended on right side.
2. Kill switch is mandatory and must be within reach of driver
and safety crew.
1. One-way radio
is mandatory. (Frequency 454.000) No other radios or electronics for
communications is allowed.